[Sussex] Hello

Dominic dominic.clay at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 3 08:45:00 UTC 2003

Welcome,

There are a number of us on this list who are relative newbies to Unices.

Do you use Linux at work?  What distribution do you use?  There is quite a
variety of distributions on the list.  Personally, I can't rest on one
distro yet, I'm currently running a Debian machine for Apache and JBoss
(Steve: JBoss is great... I'll try and tell you what I know in another
post!), and a Gentoo box for.... well just to see if I could realy :)

You've come to the right place to learn.  I have prob. learned more in the
last 4 months here on this list than in the previous three years. (Always
seem to be a newbie here though :p )

The meet in Horsham is the place to get to know everyone.  All are welcome.
the details are ususly posted to the SLUG website (
http://sussex.lug.org.uk )

I can't claim to hail from as far north as yourself, but I come from the
Lake District, so I guess I get half a point :)

Once again welcome.

Dominic