[Sussex] We can screen it! - portable projector

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Fri Apr 4 11:14:00 UTC 2003

Mark

On 04 April 2003 at 10:55 Mark Harrison wrote:
> I've got a little portable LCD thing we can use... Not bright
> by today's standards, but small enough to fit in a rucksack...
>
> ... SOMEONE must have a laptop with a DVD player and
> composite video out :-)

Thanks for the offer, but in I doubt that a small screen would
work.  The meeting has to be open to non-SLUGers as part of the
requirements for screening it (see past posts).  So far we've
had about three offers for video projectors.

I have the laptop with the DVD player (I doubt I'm the only one)
and an amp & speakers I can bring for sound.  I think that will
create a more pleasant experience.

Geoff: We ort to check that mplayer can play the DVD before we
go much further!!!  It would be very, very embarrassing if it didn't
and I wouldn't want to resort to using my Win2K work's laptop for
the screening - it would give the wrong impression to the crowd!