[sub] [Sussex] SQL Server

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 11:21:01 UTC 2003

> > > Hmm I was thinking I would have to do a full reinstall of
> > SQL server.
> > > Hmm I might wait to my Boss is about to do that then as he
> > knows a bit
> > > more about SQL Server then me.
> >
> > I would suggest that discussing a rebuild of a server with
> > your boss before
> > actually committing to doing it would be the sensible move -
> > to go ahead and
> > do it might be somewhat career limiting if you have the wrong
> > kind of boss.
>
> Only last week I could lost my job because an upgrade went wrong bit
time.
> We lost all data and had to get my hands dirty in Paradox database
files.
> In the end I fixed it.  But at time I was saying lots of thing
starting S
> and letter F time and time again.  To say my boss was happy when fix
it
> would understatement, it looked like he was doing rain dance. :)

I'm rather lucky at the moment there isn't and critical thing that I
have to do. But come about 2 months that server need to be working like
a UNIX server. Hmm that's going to be damn hard unless I can actually
convert a VC++ developer to change to UNIX/LINUX.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer
ITP Services Ltd.

----
The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality, accuracy
and content of information contained in or with this message. In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.