[Sussex] Straw Poll

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 14:32:01 UTC 2003

> ..this might start some discussion (and traditionally, flaming) but I
am
> actually genuinely
> interested to know:
>
> What editor, ide or wordprocesssor do you use, why and how do you
pronounce
> its name?
>
> a) vi / vim / kvim / gvim
> b) GNU Emacs / XEmacs / Gosmacs
> c) NEdit
> d) Pico / Nano
> e) Kate
> f) joe
> g) gedit
> h) xedit
> i) ed
> j) a.n. other editor
>
> C-x C-c for now... :)

as most of my usage with Linux is through the shell and the first editor
I used and still hasn't change I use 'vi' and normally I just pronounce
it vi as you would expect, but I know I can be said as V.I. or even 6 as
we found out on Thursday, LOL.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

----
The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality, accuracy
and content of information contained in or with this message. In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.