[Sussex] Wireless

Dominic dominic.clay at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 3 18:45:01 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'm tring to configure my Wireless NIC (its USB!)

I've built a kernel (! :D ) with USB working, I have checked /proc/bus/usb/
and it exists now with a drivers 'file' containing the prism2_usb driver
that I need.  I have installed linux-wlan-ng from it's website (which built
the prism driver and created a /etc/wlan directory.

I can do modprobe prism2_usb prism2_doreset=1 with no errors.

When I try and run 'wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable' , I just
get an error sayin 'no such device' (grrr).

If I do an 'ifconfig' the usb NIC is not showing.
What do I have to get the device to appear so I can configure it?

Cheers,
Dominic