[Sussex] Cool alien (from RPM hell to .deb heaven)

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Thu Aug 21 00:27:01 UTC 2003

Big thanks to Jon Fautley for revealing how to turn a nasty, brutish RPM of
Star Office 5.2, riddled with various unsavoury dependencies, into a well
mannered & thoroughly reformed Debian package. The excellent Alien did its
work just fine.

After I upgrade to Debian Woody (via the web as the CDs definitely don't
work), I will download Open Office. However, Star Office 5.2 meets an
immediate need & hey, I quite like it & used it for some time on Windows.

Thanks again Jon,

Gavin.