[Sussex] The Big SLUG Read

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Dec 5 00:20:00 UTC 2003

A few recent favourites of mine:

Time: A Traveller's Guide - Clifford Pickover
The scientific & theoretical basis for time travel, illuminated with
printed extracts of the music of Chopin.

The Giza Power Plant - Christopher Dunn
Dunn is an engineer who puts forward a strong case that the Great Pyramid
of Giza was built using machinery (evidence of rotary blade cuts on the
stones - not modern). More intriguingly, he suggests (based on various
design features) that the great pyramid was a MASER (a sort of microwave
laser) power plant.

Rebel Code - Glyn Moody
Probably well known on this list, this is the story of Linux & Open Source.
For my money, every bit as exciting as Simon Singh's excellent "Fermat's
Last Theorem".

Gavin.