[Sussex] The Big SLUG Read

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Dec 4 23:35:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 19:37, Tony Austin wrote:
> > Obviously, we've all read the BBC's big read, but with Christmas coming
> > up,
> > a few requests to Santa of the bound-paper kind would be appreciated.
> >
> > I'm not particularly looking for technical references / O'Reilly stuff,
> > but
> > more general reading...

OK.. well as far as I am concerned:

Fiction:

"A confederacy of dunces"
John Kennedy Toole - 1980
ISBN 0-1-028268-8

"Forestilling om det Tyvende Århundrede"
(Published in English as "The history of Danish dreams")
Peter Høeg - 1988
ISBN 1-86046-260-X

"The bear comes home"
Rafi Zabor - 1998
ISBN 0-224-05113-X

"Fup - a modern fable"
Jim Dodge - 1983
ISBN 0-86241-734-1

"Fugitive pieces"
Anne Michaels - 1997
ISBN 0-7475-3496-9

Non Fiction:

"The computer and the brain"
John von Neumann - 1958
ISBN 0-300-08473-0

"Bury my heart at Wounded Knee - An Indian history of the American west"
Dee Brown - 1970
(My copy is a first edition and doesn't have an ISBN number, but a
paperback edition is still in print).

... that should keep anyone occupied.

--
Geoff Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>