[Sussex] Kernel 2.6.0

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Fri Dec 19 10:33:43 UTC 2003

--On Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:46 pm +0000 Geoff Teale
<tealeg at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> For the moment though, I'd stick with getting your system up and running
> before you try upgrading to a new kernel version - you may find this is
> a little more challenging than an upgrade between two version of 2.4

I think that's very sound advice.  I tried to puild 2.6.0-pre11 on my PPC
"development" system and it dumped core on the final link (I think).  2.6.0
also needs different binutils and these are incompatible with building the
old 2.4 kernel.

  Iain