[Sussex] OK - recommend me a distribution, please...

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 00:53:01 UTC 2003

Hello,

> - Must run on Compaq Proliant
> - Must be installable from floppy + net connection (ie - NOT require a CD)
> - Must be compatable with Magic Carpet
> - Must run Nessus
> - Must NOT require too much in Linux expertise
> - Must not take more than a couple of hours to install
>
> Anyone saying "Gentoo" based on the last two requirements is unlikely to
> find a rewarding career in consultancy :-)

If your looking for ease, i recommend redhat - this was one of my first
distribs, helped me feel my way around in the darkness.
BUT.. I'm not sure if this can be installed very easily with a floppy
and net connection. - Anyone know?

I've heard openbsd or debian are nice to install over floppy.

OK - Maybe gentoo isn't one of the easist distribs to install.. although
i found the docs v.v.easy to follow.

Good luck.

Tom