[Sussex] OK - recommend me a distribution, please...

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Tue Feb 4 15:16:00 UTC 2003

> Neil,
>
> I've decided, as you say, to stay with SUSE for a little longer. I've
> decided that I'm less worried about that machine being patched up the
> gills on the basis that I'm sitting behind a nice firewall, and not
> running any externally-facing services on it.
>
> For my next trick, installing Nessus :-)

 lynx -source http://install.nessus.org | sh

Thats the quickest way, and by far the easiest. Make sure you have a
decent version of nmap installed though. It will download and install
itself.

You will then need to add a certificate and a user by following the prompts.

All you have to do after that is install a client to watch it with.

Further documentation is on www.nessus.org

--
John