[Sussex] Hello all

Adam Smith adamjsmith at clara.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 11:54:00 UTC 2003

> We first I should say hello to you all, so see this as me saying hello.

Hi.

> I am rather new to world of Linux, just played around with it once or
twice.

Play more, rather than trying serious stuff, it's the most rewarding.  I'm
still a relative newbie myself, but until recently I had Gentoo 1.4rc1 on my
main box and will have rc2 once I've got the hardware sorted, I'd advise you
to give it a try - don't listen to those Debian nutters!

> Computing history is something like this:-
> Vic 20
> CBM 64
> Amiga 500
> Amiga CDTV
> Amiga 1200
> Amiga CD32 (I will probley talk more about Amiga in future)
>
> Windows NT/95/98/ME/2000/XP
>
> Tao
>
> Others....

I feel a little left out being so young (16) and not remembering systems
which I'm sure were great (C64 etc).  My computing history goes

- Mitac 486
- CPC-464 (given to me, had a go at BASIC, got bored)
- P150
- Self builds
- A Time (gasp!) laptop

> For me I just love using computers. I hate Microsoft and there business
> activates. But I can not complain to much about Microsoft as there
software
> is so bad that it puts people like me in employment.  It just case of
better
> the devil you know.

Microsoft put me in employment too.  If it wasn't for Kazaa I'd lose 25% of
my business ;).

I hope you find the list as interesting and useful as I have.

Adam.