[Sussex] Hello all

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Mon Feb 10 10:33:01 UTC 2003

Hello Andrew,
> I am rather new to world of Linux, just played around with it once or twice.
Ahh the world of Linux, where the sun always shines, the sea is a azure
green and the weather if warm. Though in the world if Linux there is
much discussion between the United States of United Linux, the Peoples
Republic of Debian, The United "Slackware" kingdom and of course the
Peoples Front of BSD ( "Splitters"!)

> The nearest I get to Linux is our accounts servers which NEVER go down.
Accounts should never go down... talk about damocles sword. I can
imagine the account dept saying ... You dont get paid if our servers
dont work <grin>

> Computing history is something like this:-
Nik:
	Brain
   zx81
   bbc micro
   Atari Ste
   Amstrad 8026
   IBM PC AT
   Opus Computer 486
   Home builds.
   Sony Laptops.
   Palm
	Brain

Programming Languages in order of discovery
	Fortran
	m68k
	Basic
	Pascal
	VB
	Java
	Perl
	PHP
	English

> activates. But I can not complain to much about Microsoft as there software
> is so bad that it puts people like me in employment.  It just case of better
With attitude like that you could work for wActus. <grin>

> the box.
I thought outside the box, but I wanted to play inside it.

Anyway welcome to the Sussex LUG where
	We See Debian People.

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.