[Sussex] An odd question....

Gareth ABLETT garethablett at phpw.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 10:20:01 UTC 2003

Hi

i'd just like to tell ya my experiance, I have 1 years experiance in doing PHP/XHTML/CSS/MYSQL  with a lot of nkoledge of the web tools etc. I wen to college for 2 years and did one year of a HND (i found this to be to easy and was not computer orinated enough.). after getting that job when i left i was made redundant a year later.

no i am finding it real hard to get a job in the same area of expertice. (this is largly cos of my location probaly) but my point is with a deegree i dont know but its not easy getting work these days as there is way more ppl wanting the jobs then before.

Gareth Ablett

--

Hi.  You guys seem like the right sort of people to ask about this, and I know I'm not going to get my head bitten off for asking here, so I have a little query for you.

I'm currently at Park College, Eastbourne doing AS levels, planning to go onto university, as this is the normal path to take to get a good career.  However, I'm hearing a lot of stories about graduates having serious problems finding work, even after spending ~6 years of their life and thousands of pounds getting a degree.