[Sussex] An odd question....

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 11:06:01 UTC 2003

Gareth wrote:
-------------
> One thing is i'm hoping that more goverment organisations
> swap to linux or
> unbix for there servers
> for php to come a wanted task a little more not sure if and
> when that might
> happend but fingers
> crossed.

Adoption is spreading.  Bear in mind that thewre are a lot of existing
people out there with Unix experience, but the future is bright.  Go look at
the surveys of required skills out there - UNIX/LINUX is on the rise, as are
C/C++ - VB, HTML and Java are in decline.

> On the other hand the only programming language i know enough
> of to get
> employed is Delphi
> and I havent used that for a while. Although i'm doing some
> work in it now
> trying to rember stuff.

I'd advice trying something else other than Delphi - it's an OK language but
the jobs in it are very few and far between these days.  C or C++ are better
bets.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company