[Sussex] Definetly No Linux Thread here

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at krasnegar.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 11 13:09:00 UTC 2003

Nik

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:33:39AM +0000, Nik Butler wrote:
> I just watched the Munch Bunch advert.....

Why don't you just switch of your television set and go and do something
less boring instead? - That sounds like a good title for a kids show to
me?  What do you younger members on this list think?

> A small child opens the fridge, smiles as he reaches for a small red and
> white coloured pot of yoghurt , opens it and eats a large spoonful.

You watch that stuff!!!!

> At which point we cut to animated and colourful computer generated
> graphics of this child, now a cartoon caricture of himself, sliding down
> a long milk slide into a multicoloured world of smiling fruits and oddly
> shaped animals....

You're still watching!!!!

> ( im sure somewhere in the back ground there is a Blue Meanie ( Jon, Tom
> , George , as your parents about that <grin>))

There are so many people who don't get Blue Meanie references, it nice to
see someone else on this list who is as pervert^H^H^H^H^H^Hknowledgable as
me.

> My point is if I did not no better, and I usually dont, im sure thats a
> advert for the covert awareness of the benefits and opportunities of
> drug taking....
>
> or am I wrong.

I think that Enid Bliton said is best: If you only write children's books
for children you're missing half your audience.

This applies to any children aimed entertainment.  They are made by adults,
and if you're going to go to that much effort they put something in for the
parents watching to.  Isn't that want you've just seen.  A reference to a
film that no child will have seen.  [This is getting a little serious, must
do something about that].

In my favourite cartoon, Danger Mouse, which first aired at around half four
week days back in the 80s; and can now be seen on Bomarang, Penfold (my
hero) fell into a dark underground cave, with a light green mist floating
just off the floor. Large egg shaped pods were poking out of the mist.  As
he leaned over one of the eggs, the top breaks away and out pops a...
I shouldn't spoil the ending should I.

The animators may be on drugs, you might be on drugs, and I will be on drugs
but you don't need to be; but it helps!!!!!  What you really need is a wide
knowledge of other things to get all the references and jokes that were
added behind the main action.

Steve

P.S. For the Internet Police out there the drug I'm referring to is alcohol
which is not illegal in the UK for people over 18. :-)