[Sussex] Recommendations for getting hardware

Tom Ellis tom at trellisnet.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 16:45:01 UTC 2003

> > Also, i'm guessing you've seen http://freevo.sourceforge.net/
>
> There's also http://www.mythtv.org and I also found that I can get
> the advanced listing of programs in XMLTV format, so one can build
> a DIY TiVo, and that looks kinda fun.

Advanced XMLTV format, what do you mean by this?

I use XMLTV on a daily basis and a more 'advanced' (as in more details
than just what the program is about) would be great.

I've played with Freevo and MythTV before, but never got round to fully
implementing them. Let me know how you get on.

I found mythtv a lot harder to get working, but it has more features.
I'm not sure if you can actually record in freevo yet! last time I
checked that was still to be implemented...

Tom
--
Tom Ellis - <tom at trellisnet.co.uk>
http://trellisnet.co.uk/