[Sussex] OpenSource databases....

pablo at wildfireprojects.com pablo at wildfireprojects.com
Fri Jun 27 13:35:01 UTC 2003

I looked at MySQL a couple of years ago, and as an Oracle man found it a bit lacking. My main gripe being the lack of stored procedures. I have recently been using Firebird, which is the Open Source fork of Interbase, it supports stored procedures, and is reasonably fast. My last contract was for a company using a firebird database to record real time video data from up to 20 cameras. If you're interested in checking out Firebird  go to www.ibphoenix.com.

Paul