[Sussex] DVB-T

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Mon Jun 30 15:09:00 UTC 2003

Charles

On 30 June 2003 at 14:34 Charles H. Brain wrote:
> Yes thanks Steve,
>
> I found this
>
> http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/index.htm

Must have a look some time.

> It seems as if it is a basic recorder then you can get plugins to
> provide extra functionality.

The links I gave where to systems much closer to the TiVo.

> I will probably get a bigger disk for my Linux box and see if I
> can get the code to run before I think about finding some special
> hardware (that is quiet and small) for the sitting/living room.

If you're going to start recording images you'll need the disk space.

On think I did see was some nice (not to expensive hardware).  There was
a card out (can't remember make/model :-( ) which allowed a slow (< 400MHz)
system to do quite well.  It did all the encoding/decoding in hardware.

> I don't get a very good digital signal just West of Worthing.
> The BBC says I ought to be using the Whitehawk transmitter
> whereas everyone round here uses the one on the IOW. The
> channels I can get depend on the weather.

I lost my ariel a while back in the storms (around 2 years now).  But as
I have sky I don't care.  I'm not the only one in my street either.