[Sussex] Redeham, Coinford/Claybrook

Derek Harding derek at lagham.uklinux.net
Mon Mar 3 14:48:01 UTC 2003

Interesting connexions to Redeham Hall. My grandmother and, later my mother were both housekeepers at the Hall. My mum was during the mid 50s to about '63 when the White family where in residence. I knew the house well and spent many school holidays there.
Then, the company before Claybrook was a central heating control firm and my uncle worked there as a engineer. When Claybrook took over (not sure who owned them then) my uncle retired and carried on working there as a handyman. He in turn retired properly and my dad took over as handyman, working there for Claybrook right up till they moved when he, in turn, retired properly.
Sadly both uncle and dad have died now but mum's still hale and hearty living in East Grinstead.

> > How long have you been working for Claybrook?  As Claybrook
> > used be based at
> > Coinford's offices Redeham Hall, did you use to work in these offices?
> > (Which is owned by Coinford)
>
> I've been at Claybrook for just under a year - for my opinions on whether
> this is a good thing or not, please randomly pick any e-mail I've sent to
> this list in the last 12 months - about 50% of them express my opinion ;)
>
> I never worked in Redeham Hall, but several of my colleagues did.  One thing
> I know, it must have been more comfortable than Sutherland house is!
>
> "cujus est solum, ejus est usque ad coelum et ad inferos"
Roughly it translates as "Whoever is alone, his is the way to heaven and to hell"

--
Best wishes,
Derek