[Sussex] +*<insert appropriate swearword>!!!!!!! etc.

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at krasnegar.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 12:08:01 UTC 2003

Angelo

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 11:55:37AM +0000, angelo servini wrote:
> Hi fellas

Hi ya

> Ive downoaded and installed RACER as instructed and got the latest fmod
> and unzipped it

Gaming again - and why not

> I think its libfmod-3.6.1.so
>
> Anyhow.  How do I make a symbolic link to make RACER believe its
> libfmod-3.4  ?
> and where do I put it?

If you want to check do a "ldd" on the RACER binary - the acutal
executab;e ELF file - not any set up scripts that sit in front of it.

The output from ldd which report on the libraries being used and which
ones their linking to.

If it is a library version then any where in the files listed in
/etc/ld.so.conf or /lib or /usr/lib.   I'd put it in the same location
as the libfmod-3.6.1.so file.  Using the command
   # ln -s libfmod-3.6.so libfmod-3.4.so

There should be a symbolic link from libfmod-3.6.so to libfmod-3.6.1.so.