[Sussex] Clarification!

Geoff Teale Geoff.Teale at claybrook.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 15:06:03 UTC 2003

I said something about GPL in my last mail that could be misconstrued.

When I said that "the stamen is unnecessary because the intent is _not_ to
prosecute", I meant the statement that it is OK to make copies and modify
them in the GPL - this is implicitly your right assuming the author gives
permission - the License states that permission but it is rendered
unnecessary if it was otherwise clear that the author had that intent and by
the fact that the author will never attempt to prosecute you anyway.  What
needs to be clear in the GPL however is the conditions where you will get
your butt fsck'd because this could be important in court.

geoff.teale at claybrook.co.uk
tealeg at member.fsf.org

"make music like mercy that gives what it is and has nothing to prove"
 - Ani DiFranco "Up Up Up Up Up Up"

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company