[Sussex] Open Source in Biometrics

Neil Ford neil at smudgypixels.net
Mon Mar 17 11:11:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:08:12 -0000, Geoff Teale wrote:

> So anyhow, I've seen at least one person on this list giving the ol'
> ACCTGTTCAACTG.. so does anyone around here know any good Open-Source
> Biometric resources online?

I'd look at O'Reilly's site to start with, they are big on bio-
informatics. Don't be surprised if the majority of stuff is Perl based
though, all the people I know involved in this stuff are using Perl.

If you need some more pointers, I can ask a friend at Cambridge for
some ideas. She's doing her Phd on the fruit fly.

Neil.
--
Neil Ford
neil at smudgypixels.net