[Sussex] Linux on iPAQ (was: Hello!)

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Tue Mar 25 15:23:00 UTC 2003

Dom

On 25 March 2003 at 14:55 Dominic wrote:
> >Dom - if your reading I had not problem switching over to Linux on my
iPAQ.
> >Are you interested in switching over your iPAQ this Thursday night?  If
Nik
> >can get us power then it can easily be done in the evening.
>
> Um... yep!

That's the sprit.  Close the eyes and jump right in.

> >  1). Which iPAQ do you have? (e.g. mine is the 3600 model)
> iPAQ 3970 - could be a prob???

If you check the H3900 status page[1] support is now there.

> >  2). Which GUI version do you want?
> I get GUI too? ;)

Oh yes, and one that works well on such a small platform.

> >C). Opie Bootstrap  Image: A Embedded QT based distro.
>
> >I opted for Opie.  Having tried them both I felt that GPE being X based a
> > little messy in the display (and the pointer being a waist of screen
> > space when using a stylus).  Opie looks much cleaner as you can see here
[1]
> >[1]: http://opie.handhelds.org/screenshots/gallery/
>
> Yep, I want mine to look just like that :)

Okay I'll load the images on to my lappy.  Please make a backup before
coming along - just in case.  BTW as I have a CF pack we can make use of
the faster load image approach.   Haven't used it yet myself.

See ya Thursday
Steve

[1]:
http://www.handhelds.org/projects/h3900.html