[Sussex] More on Bad Maths

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Wed Mar 26 07:47:00 UTC 2003

> It is simply this: get your computer (or any other standalone personal
> computer or PDA type machine running Linux) to generate a truely random
> number by an algortihmic process.  ;)
um Geoff, are we dealing with a Finite, or Infinite universe. If you are
setting the rules as finite then id say its worth entering. if you
saying its infinite then I will need a good Brownian Motion generator,
like that say in a good cup of Tea.

But if I was being cheaky, Id just use my camera to take a picture at
any moment, call the RGB values of the image n and say n is random.

Do I win then ?
--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

MATH AND ALCOHOL DON'T MIX! Please, don't drink and derive. Mathematicians Against Drunk Deriving