[Sussex] More on Bad Maths

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Tue Mar 25 22:24:00 UTC 2003

Nik Butler wrote:
> Bad Maths are the results of Jim Beam

Now remember.. don't drink and derive.

In honour of this, my sig during the last week, and the recent spate of
competitions on this list I have decided to set a math competition to
anyone drunk^H^H^H^H^H clever enough to solve it.

It is simply this: get your computer (or any other standalone personal
computer or PDA type machine running Linux) to generate a truely random
number by an algortihmic process.  ;)

The prize - a pint.. what else(?).

... I was going to ban entrance to people holding computer science
degrees and any of the part-time mathematicians on the list, but
something tells me they're not going to enter :)

--
GJT
tealeg at member.fsf.org
Free Software Foundation