[Sussex] Niks weekly round up

David Chapman dokterdave at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 31 09:53:00 UTC 2003

<snip>
David Chapman is having a hard time with his hard disk, and im not sure
if he found a resolution to the problem but it highlights that many of
us tend to live the life of Boy Scouts, always being prepared. With
Spares and backups and components to hand.

http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/sussex/2003-March/002326.html

I got round this problem.
Suse was seeing my disk as /dev/sdg (the 1 I wanted to install Xandros on)
Xandros saw it as /dev/sdc ?
As a result I formated my /home :-(  fortunatly I have got the hang of Arkeia
and the dlt from Ebay works a treat even if the last backup was nearly a
month old.

(note to self ) do more regular backups.