[Sussex] [SWRU] Microsoft is From Mars, Open Source is from Venus.

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Mon Mar 31 11:25:00 UTC 2003

> A strong argument.  However, I do see some problems with this:
>
> 1). A romper suit is not a tee-shirt.

I must protest at such rampant age discrimination. The romper-suit is the
garment of choice for the under 12-months geek.

> 2). Was Phillippa at the meeting or only at the place her parents
>     were at?

By phrasing the question that way - the choice of the word parent_s_, you have
conceded that Mary was "at the meeting".

In accepting this, you have, surely, accepted the principle that one does not
have to subscribe to the SLUG list in order to be at the meeting...

I cannot see what other meaningful distinction could be drawn to suggest that
Pip was not "at the meeting".

> 3). I didn't see it - as judge I can only rule on what I saw.

I call as the first witness for the defence - Geoff Teale.

> However against these arguments is a very powerful one from by Debian
> side:  Don't let Gentoo win!

A compelling case, your honour.