Business, Linux, Ethics and Standards - [Was]RE: [Sussex] Yet Ano ther Windows Bug

Nik Butler nik at wired4life.org
Wed May 7 13:45:01 UTC 2003

> All this is very worthy, and the discussion is great, but the original point
> made by Nik was this, he who controls the flow of information to the people
Um no... my point was ...
Whilst we are discussing it here. I am out delivering it. Im educating
the users and shouting from the rooftops that Open Source Software (
GNU/Linux ) is better for business and delivers real world answers.

Some members of the group have accused me of being a Snake Oil Salesman.
But I would put it to the group. Which works better delivering Linux to
the SME market ?

Be an Apologist and quietly accept that MS may have  a valid alternative.

or

Know your business is founded on the belief that Open Source is the best
answer to your customers requirements.

I have not changed so many hearts and minds as when I stopped apologising
and started  proselytizing.

So my point:

Whilst Discussions raged and opinions swayed. I Delivered against all
belief.

--
nik at wired4life.org	http://www.wired4life.org/	Wired4Life, an Answer.

MATH AND ALCOHOL DON'T MIX! Please, don't drink and derive. Mathematicians Against Drunk Deriving