[Sussex] ssh/sshd problems!

Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J s0209208 at glos.ac.uk
Mon May 12 15:56:01 UTC 2003

All,

I'm building a Firewall from scratch using core linux.

I'm trying to install ssh onto it, and I've run into a problem.

./configure went fine once I'd installed the correct librarys, and make/make
install work a treat. sshd will even run and listen on the assigned port.
The problem is, when I ssh to the firewall box (which can be pinged!), it
won't validate me!

I haven't shadowed my passwd file, so I don't know if that makes a
difference, but seeing as I'm not sure how to shadow my passwd file, I can't
test it!

All help greatfully appreciated, and a virtual beer to anyone who comes up
with a solution!

Cheers,

Matt