[Sussex] Start button (was Cool gentOOo!)

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sat Nov 8 00:42:58 UTC 2003

> On the subject of start buttons: My start button only works with the
> mouse.  The start keys on the keyboard have had a very easy life (apart
> from when I  press them hoping that the magic pixie has made them work
> again) since  ditching Windows. Is there a way of making them work
> again?

Under windows the Windows key simply does a Ctrl-Esc. You can redefine its
code in xmodmap and loadkeys so that they do something again. You can use
xkeycaps to set the xmodmap up in a GUI.

I think the command to see the codes on the console is dumpkeys.

Here is the codes on this link:
http://www.princessleia.com/Windowsbind.html

--
John