[Sussex] MS Exchange replacements?

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Tue Nov 11 11:52:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 11:35, Mark Harrison wrote:
> Sorry. in the light of the recent thread, "Life without Microsoft", it
> probably should be underlined that the one bit of Exchange functionality
> that ISN'T there is the VBA model.

Running VB script inside an Exchange server is the single easiest way to
screw it all up .. I speak from bitter experience.  Client side has
value I think - maybe something Ximian/Novell should be looking at.

99.9% of the server side stuff can be done more easily with open source
stuff anyway - we don't need proprietary access with open, standard
compliant systems!

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com