[Sussex] Two newbies in the same week

Wells, Richard rwells at impaq.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 10:59:31 UTC 2003

Hello All

Seeing Al's note and having lurked on this list for a couple of weeks
now, I thought I should introduce myself.

I found this list when I was googling for info and I've been pleased I
did given the quality of info and friendly nature of the mails.

I've been working in IT since '86 and have something in common with at
least a couple of you - I worked at Claybrook until '91 (when they were
still out in Burstow) and during these years until about '96, I made a
living from UNIX systems (mainly technical stuff but, very little
programming).

I currently work for a card-carrying M$ shop but there are a few
'rebels' here and my interest in free software in general and Linux in
particular means that I at least use it at home - redhat and Suse (for
my laptop).

I barely qualify for a Sussex-based group as I work in Surrey and live
in the bottom right-hand corner of East Sussex : )

Cheers
Richard