[Sussex] Two newbies in the same week

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 17:02:17 UTC 2003

Richard,

Welcome.

> I work in Surrey.

I'm so sorry.

> I work for a card-carrying MS shop

Good. What the IT world needs is people who understand BOTH MS and OpenSource products, and can weigh up the benefits of both in an experience, reasoned manner.

Card-carrying linux evangelists have the same problems as card-carying MS evangelists.. however thank goodness we have them!

What we REALLY need is a mix of evangelists and analysts so that the died-in-the-wool MS/Mainframe shops get linux pushed at them from a variety of viewpoints.

Regards,

Mark