[Sussex] C Programming

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Fri Nov 28 09:46:25 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 09:43, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> I'd like to tell you a good book but tbh all most people need is a good
> reference source which I don't know either. Working in VC++ at work I
> just use the internal help documents.

...and of course if Matt wants to learn C++ rather than C then the
answers all change ;)

VC++ is frankly a pain in the Bum.  The IDE is OK, but working with MFC
is much like unblocking a toilet with your tongue.

> The way I go into C in the first place was parsing my Level 2 and 3 City
> and guilds in C programming and I have forgotten most of that by now. :S

I'm quite thankful that unpractised skills die of quickly.  I'm pretty
sure my VB knowledge is starting to ebb away, and I'm quite happy about
it.
--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com

Bushydo -- the way of the shrub.  Bonsai!