[Sussex] The LUG Moot

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Mon Oct 27 11:53:58 UTC 2003

OK,

I'd like to talk a little bit about the LUG meets.  We seem to have
fallen into a social meet routine, which is great, but I've been looking
at what other LUGS do.  What we've been doing at the moots is what most
LUGs do _after_ they have had the meeting.

What we used to have was an environment where people could bring laptops
and discuss problems with each other, and this to me seems to be at the
core of what the LUG should be about.

There's a lot of knowledge in this LUG and a lot of people who want
access to it.  The list is great, but I think the meet fails in this
regard in it's current form.

Any thoughts about making this happen again?  I for one would be up for
buying a second hand laptop and being involved.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com
--
Real Users are afraid they'll break the machine -- but they're never
afraid to break your face.