[Sussex] one for the contractors...

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu Sep 18 10:52:00 UTC 2003

Paul wrote:
-----------
> <RANT>
> That's if their postive 'can do' attitute hasn't impressed sufficiently for them to be  moved on to a new project, leaving some poor other sod to carry the can for their mistakes. My experience is that a large number of incompentant PMs seem to be teflon coated and go from strength to strength in an organisation leaving a trail of crap behind, none of which seems to stick to them. B*****ds.
> </RANT>

Ah, yes this is true but, to be fair, developers do this as well.
Sometimes it is easier to escape from the mistakes of inexperience than
to stay and sort them out.

I'd like to step away from a view of conflict between PM's and
developers.  If you take a step back you see that the project managers
needs are as rational in the context of their job as the developers are
from their  own.  It's senior management attitude and ambition that
causes conflict.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com
--
Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are
wrong.