[Sussex] [ij at w3.org: Re: Copying of the XHTML 1.0 & CSS logos to my web server]

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Aug 2 20:31:02 UTC 2004

John G

I got this reply to my request to copy the XHTML & CSS logos to our
website.  So you should be able to see the logos as soon as I can
roll this out - not long :-)

Steve
----- Forwarded message from "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij at w3.org> -----

From: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij [at] w3 [dot] org>

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 13:30, Steve Dobson wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am the web master for http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/ and have just designed
> our new look using XHTML and CSS.  I checked the pages with your validator
> and they pass (just) so far.  I'll try and get them better.

Thanks for doing that!

> Asking the other members of the Sussex Linux User Group (SLUG) one member
> reported that as he blocked off site images your logos would not be displayed.
>
> I've read your License & T&C [1] and can't see if I am allowed to copy the
> appropriate images to my website go get around browsers that block off-site
> images.  As long as I make no change to the data can I copy the file?

Yes, you may.

Furthermore, I thought this was stated clearly somewhere, but
I can't find it. I will update the relevant pages.

Thanks!

 _ Ian

----- End forwarded message -----