[Sussex] knoppix

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 23 11:46:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

I never had a look at knoppix before this weekend but I decided to
download the latest ISO, and all I can say is wow, I personally prefer
Gnome but felt that it was so pack with tools and very easy to just boot
up and go on the 3 machines I tried it on.

I may have even got my dad to convert to Linux although I would need to
check how easy it would be for him to get pictures of 2 different
cameras and print them on a word document. I tested the first camera in
front of him with my fingers crossed and it worked a fine. But the
printer setup might take a little longer.

Just thought I would mention my events tbh :D

Just out of interest is the installable version of knoppix just as easy
to setup and get going, bar the obvious need for partitioning and stuff.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.