[Sussex] Simple OOP tutorial

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 08:30:20 UTC 2004

 From: Thomas Adam [mailto:thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org]
 Subject: Re: [Sussex] Simple OOP tutorial

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 06:03:44PM +0100, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > The subject says it all, I'm after a simple OOP tutorial as I just
can't
> > seem to get my head around the concept of Classes.  I'm using PHP,
but

> Heh, OOP and PHP is an oxymoron.

I wouldn't call it an Oxymoron as I still has OO methods within its
language and even more so with PHP5 which is now on a full release.

> > I'm willing to take tutorials in most languages that are C-style.

If its for PHP you want to know OOP then C is somewhat different and
probably not a good idea to look at unless you are going to be using C.

With the newer php5 nearly all tutorials you will find at the moment
that are for PHP5 will be using classes so just do a plain google
search. Failing that I got some good links I can hook out later tonight

> You'll find it hard-pushed to find a language-agnostic OOP tutorial.
>
> Give: http://www.programmingtutorials.com a look.
>
> -- Thomas Adam
>
> --
> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.