[Sussex] Merry Festive Season

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Dec 29 17:03:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 11:47 +0000, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I hope all have had a happy / productive "hic!" holiday.
>
> I must admit I am really tempted to install SuSE, as my current Gentoo installation seems rather a lot of bother to keep up with.  Is this a "good" move or should I persevere with Gentoo?

Did you read the Linuxformat assessment of the "top 15" Angelo?

Personally, I know it would be easier for me to go back to mandrake
(from gentoo), but why does it need to be a bother to keep up to date
etc with?

Surely you could just set it up with cron or something so it does any
updates etc when you know that you won't be using the system
(night/during work etc etc)?

That way I'd have thought that it should be "a doddle"???

regards

John D.

p.s. Don't forget, my self proclaimed "LUG nugget" status. If I can
manage to manage Gentoo, then surely anyone can!