[Sussex] Merry Festive Season

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Wed Dec 29 19:58:49 UTC 2004

My 2 cents:

If you want something like Gentoo but without compiling everything
(though having the option to do so) then I would give Arch Linux a try.

http://www.archlinux.org

If you want something that has the advantages of a Debian system, but is
much more "current" and has the same "polished" feel as SuSE, Mandrake,
Red Hat or Novel then try Ubuntu Linux:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org

BTW, anyone who has an x86 or PowerPC based computer I have some Ubuntu
Install and Ubuntu Live (formerly Gnoppix) CDs here that anyone is
welcome to - they are the official disk sets that Ubuntu give away for free.

--
Geoff Teale
Free Software Foundation <tealeg at member.fsf.org>