[Sussex] lin---s.com

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 12:39:14 UTC 2004

> Does that mean that if I were to set up a company selling "windows" as
> "Handcross Windows" then despite the fact that the product might be
double
> glazing; hang on, why doesnt microsoft go after double glazing firms
then
> --- could it just be that these are not a perceived threat to its
objective
> of world domination of the OS market.

In the UK trademarks are setup in different categories so if I was to
start a company called as you say Handcross windows selling it would not
be in the category 9 that software and the like is.

Saying that Windows is probably a registered trademark although it
shouldn't be because it is a common dictionary word but when used in
conjunction with Microsoft it means something more.

I know in America though they have the words Windows trademarked but the
UK is a different matter I hope.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.