[Sussex] Next Weeks Meeting

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Feb 18 21:18:15 UTC 2004

All

I think that Mark's veto of B52s should be enough to kill B52s as a
meeting place.  I would suggest that Mark and crew, being regular
attendees of the meetings, are one of the core and thus have the
right of veto.

I have no problem meeting in a restaurant.  We could even book
beforehand if that is want we want to do.  Hey, we could even
book that Thai place.  I don't think they'd have a problem with
time and number if they got a reservation beforehand.

Marks suggestion of:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:19:45PM -0000, Mark Harrison wrote:
> 1: Start in the Kings Head for a drink.
>
> 2: Walk along the road to one of the pizza places for food
>    at 8pm ish.
>
> 3: Walk back to the Kings Head for a final drink.
works for me, too.  I would only add the that restaurant can
be any of our choice, and we book first: Table for 15, in the
name of "Slug".

The KH also has a car park that we can dump our cars in if we
need to, and they won't through us out at 23:00 - we can stay
as long as we want. It was around midnight last time.

This reminds me:
<talk mode="waffle">
I use to ski with the SoutherFM crowd - had a good time.  On my
first trip I picked up the nickname "Grommet" from Nicky K-S, which
I kept for all my skiing trips.

On the last trip with them I don't think I ever answered to my
given name once.  The local Rep had a problem with this 'cos
that was the name I used even when I booked the excursions.
That damn "Steve Dobson" guy didn't do a thing all week :-)

I kinda like the idea of walking into a posh restaurant and asking
for the slug table :-)
</talk>

So the vote is now for restaurants:

-----------   Cut here and add/move you name    -----------------
                  or add a new restaurant

The Thai Place:
Steve D [1] (First choice as I like Thai food)

Pizza Express:

Don't care:
Steve D [2]  <- Second choice - as I'll eat anyONE :-)

Steve

P.S.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me this Friday.  I have an
interview for a three-month contract (I'm one of two being
interviewed).  The rate is not the best, but the work is cool:
Linux Kernel Driver Hacking - Yesssssss!