[Sussex] Next Weeks Meeting

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Thu Feb 19 12:29:49 UTC 2004

> On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 12:08 +0000, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> <snip>
>> In future it might be worth considering a set timetable as such ie.
>>
>> 6pm-8pm = meeting (Linux talk ect.)
>> 8pm-9/10pm = Food
>> 9/10pm - Late = Drinks and more talking
>>
>> by doing this I think we can have set presentations or talks on certain
>> subjects with out food getting in the way.
>>

> This is exactly what I was advocating.  I think we should find someplace
> where we can sit, look at computers comfortably and maybe have
> presentations and such like.  The best meetings we ever had (IMHO) were
> the ones in the internet-cafe place and in the offices of the company
> that shall not be named (but lets say Nik was involved).
>
> There are things that would be much easier to do if we could sit at
> desks rather than in a pub!
>
> ... I'm all for eating drinking and being merry, but this is _not_ the
> be all and end of all of a LUG.
>
> So - does anyone know of a place like this where we can meet?  It
> doesn't have to be in Horsham but it should probably be in central
> Sussex and have good communications (i.e. train, bus and rail access) -
> ideally Wireless LAN (or indeed wired LAN) would be available.
>
> --
> Geoff Teale
> Cmed Technology <gteale at cmedltd.com>
> Free Software Foundation <tealeg at members.fsf.org>

I would like to add my enthusiasm for this sort of idea for the meeting, I
did not attend in January as I was not well but I intend to try to be
there every month if possible.  I did actually suggest much the same
things a few weeks back when the subject was raised before on the list.

Unfortunately I live in Caterham and have little local knowledge of
mid-Sussex.  Getting a room for free isn't always that easy but maybe
there is a restaurant with an upstairs or basement room that they don't
use on a Thursday that we could have subject to buying food and drinks - I
can think of a pizza place in Whyteleafe, but that's miles away.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited
http://www.gigaday.com
tony at gigaday.com

"Illegitimacy is something we should talk about in terms of not having it."

George W. Bush
May 20, 1996