[Sussex] Next Weeks Meeting

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Thu Feb 19 12:16:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 12:08 +0000, Gareth Ablett wrote:
<snip>
> In future it might be worth considering a set timetable as such ie.
>
> 6pm-8pm = meeting (Linux talk ect.)
> 8pm-9/10pm = Food
> 9/10pm - Late = Drinks and more talking
>
> by doing this I think we can have set presentations or talks on certain
> subjects with out food getting in the way.

This is exactly what I was advocating.  I think we should find someplace
where we can sit, look at computers comfortably and maybe have
presentations and such like.  The best meetings we ever had (IMHO) were
the ones in the internet-cafe place and in the offices of the company
that shall not be named (but lets say Nik was involved).

There are things that would be much easier to do if we could sit at
desks rather than in a pub!

... I'm all for eating drinking and being merry, but this is _not_ the
be all and end of all of a LUG.

So - does anyone know of a place like this where we can meet?  It
doesn't have to be in Horsham but it should probably be in central
Sussex and have good communications (i.e. train, bus and rail access) -
ideally Wireless LAN (or indeed wired LAN) would be available.

--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology <gteale at cmedltd.com>