[Sussex] RE: Sussex Digest, Vol 22, Issue 11

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 09:49:36 UTC 2004

Mark, all,

> > a- is you office big enough.
>
> About 16 people would be the max... I'd say that was big enough for a
> LUGMoot based on attendance over recent months.
>
> We commonly use two rooms for meetings - each will hold about 8 people
> "comfortably seated" or more uncomfortably :-). One is suitable for
laptops
> only, the other for desktop PCs.
>
> Power / WLAN / Wired network points / Internet access are, of course,
> available...
>
> #(people fittable into either room) > #(people who can crowd round a
single
> screen)
>
> At the "Home Automation Open House Demo Day" last year, we had about
20
> people at one point (people came and went throughout the afternoon),
but
> that was a bit crowded, plus by defintion people were all over the
house
> looking at what we'd done HA-wise in different rooms.
>
> > b- is your office far from Three Bridges station.
>
> I used to walk up from the station in the summer months. It's about 15
> minutes walk... Certainly, some people walked up from the station at
the HA
> meet and didn't have a problem.
>
> Alternatively, we can run a "shuttle service" to pick people up from
Three
> Bridges.
>
> Given that the office doubles as our house, I'm not going to post the
> details to the list - people will need to contact me offlist to get
address
> / directions :-)
>
> Obviously, coffee / soft drinks can be made available, and if a finger
> buffet is required, we can rustle one up... We have another "no PCs"
room
> where we tend to put food :-)
>
> I'm not suggesting this is a viable for every LUGMoot, but as a
once-a-year,
> particularly if people are interested in the Home Automation stuff as
> "feature use of Technology", then it's possible...

This all sounds interesting but do feel if you only want it as a one off
event then would be better for a more planned event where some of the
more organizing of us can arranged for that moot to be more useful in a
sense of having suitable information ready etc.

I wouldn't want to opportunity to be wasted on bad organization.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.