[Sussex] Asterisk

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Fri Feb 27 14:11:46 UTC 2004

I've been using Asterisk in my SOHO setup for longer than I can remember
now.  The thing to watch with the X100P analogue card is that it won't
handle UK caller ID so if that feature is really important asterisk may not
be the best solution or you'll have to compromise.

I have a Grandstream Budgetone (not as nasty as implied, remember the
price!), 2 Cisco ATA186 analogue telephone adapters (very reliable, pigs to
set up, more echo than on a SIP phone) and  a Cisco 7960G (lots to play
with, works very well - OK I 've crashed mine thee times developing
applications for it, but it's expensive).

I've got FWD, IAXtel and VoIPTalk accounts running through asterisk.  I'd
agree that Telappliant is a good supplier.

  Iain

--On Friday, February 27, 2004 12:30 pm +0000 Simon Chappell