[Sussex] Mail server recommendations?

Scott James scott at coldcustard.org
Sun Jan 4 23:30:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 12:46:20PM +0000, Alan J Fitton wrote:
> My MTA of choice is Sendmail. Mainly because it's *very* stable and
> predictable, easy to find documentation for, and very simple. Give it a
> try before believing what a lot of people say about it, and you'll
> probably find most of the criticisms are unfair.

You dont find the configuration files complex and the security to be
troublesome?

What was the Ip address of this server?  Lets have a look see how secure
your sendmail server is!

I cut my teath on sendmail I have no axe to grind, however exim is secure
and far easier to configure.

Pointing new users at sendmail is quite silly.

"Whoso would be a man, must be a non-conformist, and preferably play in the pack."
          - Ralph Waldo Emerson, talking about Rugby