[Sussex] Mail server help :-)

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 20:25:50 UTC 2004

Well - I now have Courier IMAP and Exim sort of configured....

... let me rephrase that. I have them configured for a dummy address at a
dummy subdomain mph at debian.ascentium.co.uk

>From the Debian console, I can use the "mail -s" tool to send myself mail.
This mail can then be picked up from an IMAP client on another PC.... this
is by way of a result.

>From the Debian console, I can telnet into port 25 on localhost, and send
myself mail. This is also good.

>From another machine on the LAN, I _can't_ telnet into port 25. Yeah, not
even a little bit.

I assume that I've missed something in the Exim config... I am correct? If
so, what have I missed?

Regards,

Mark